Friday, June 1, 2007

He Finally Listened to Me!

As all of you know by now I love our OB/GYN. He is wonderful! But, he and his staff have argued with me from the beginning about our due date. I won't bore you all with specifics but according to their medical charts they show that I am about a week further along than I know that I am... this is why I usually include the disclaimer about Dr. Maxey's due date vs. my real due date throughout the blog.

Well, I went in to see him today and we had a great sonogram. The baby was moving around like crazy and he had shifted so we were able to get a perfect view of his abdomen. The measurements still show that he is behind but it is not quite so far behind as we had thought. Dr. Maxey asked me how far along I am and, again, I explained to him that I am technically about a week behind what the chart shows for me. When I left, our plan was to meet on Monday and probably have the baby on Wednesday or Thursday of next week.

However, after I left he poured over my charts and realized in looking at the older sonograms that I am about a week less than their chart shows. How great is that? He called me back and after discussing everything the new plan is to keep watching twice a week for the next week and a half and, as long as everything still looks OK, have the baby on Wednesday, June 13th (when I will officially be 37 weeks / 3 days). Oh, and we are going to have the baby at Baylor Grapevine instead of Las Colinas Medical. Dr. Maxey recommended that today just in case our little one has to go into the NICU for any time period. Apparently Las Colinas is bad about transferrring babies to other hospitals if they have to spend very long in intensive care so we would be separated. The thought of that is more than enough to warrant driving another 10 minutes past Las Colinas to Baylor Grapevine. Plus he said Grapevine is a better hospital with nicer nurses. Yeah Dr. Maxey!

Anyway, as "the plan" changes from day to day I will update as I have more information. In the mean time, I appreciate all of your thoughts, prayers and well wishes as we get ready to meet our little one.

No comments: